Benefits of Regular Exercise
Any form of exercise is beneficial to every person regardless of age and body type. If a person wants to stay healthy and maintain a good physique, regular exercise is just one of the most effective ways to do.
Here are the main benefits of performing regular exercise:
1. Exercise controls weight. When a person is engaged in any exercise, the chance of gaining weight is less. This is possible because any form of exercise helps burn calories, which is one of the main reasons for weight gain.
2. Exercise can also boost energy. With physical activities, muscle strength increases and endurance greatly improve.
3. It also helps reduce, if not remove excess weight. Excess calories form into fats and when these calories are burned, the chance of developing excess weight is relatively low. For those, who want to maintain normal weight, regular exercise is a perfect activity.
Exercises Contributing to Weight Loss
Generally, any form of exercise is good for the body. However, there are specific exercises that target weight loss.
Here are they:
1. Walking – For beginners, walking is a good start. To start off, target a minimum of 30 minutes up to an hour of walk. Instead of taking the elevator, use your legs in climbing the stairs or just walk your way home. As days go by, increase the length of your walk to burn more calories.
2. Swimming – This is one of the simple and cheap exercises to lose weight. If you are overweight or have some joint problems, this is a good activity for you. As a start, you can swim for a minimum of 30 minutes and make it longer as you go along. For a 30-minute swim, a person may lose at least 250 calories.
3. Aerobic classes – This is just one of the several cardio vascular exercises to lose weight. This is a good way to burn excess fats and also gives a good feeling. In addition, doing aerobics improve heart function, burns calories fast, maintains good cholesterol levels, releases endorphins, and most importantly, help in cutting down some extra pounds. For beginners, you can start for a period of 20 minutes that can already lose a considerable amount of calories depending on your weight and period of time.
4. Boxing – This form of exercise may sound masculine, but it can also be done by women. Aside from losing weight, it is known to make the muscles toned and strong. In an hour, you can already lose 350-500 calories since both the upper and lower extremities move during boxing.
All these exercises to lose weight are proven effective and cater both men and women. If you want to have a healthy life, it is not yet too late. Start to exercise in your own ways and work your way up until you reach your desired goal.